Monday 4 January 2016

Why I hate the hospital but love my scars

It's now 2016, how are we possibly already here?

I'm proud to say that I've been protein free since May and I'm praying that it's stays that way! Hence the fear surrounding my next trip to the hospital, don't get me wrong making plans for what to do next with my kidneys often makes for abit of excitement, but a decrease in medication often leads to a relapse and that is something I really really do not want, especially while I'm at uni and have a holiday planned. 

Don't get me wrong of course I want to come off steroids, that's the dream but I would rather wait until I'm finished uni for the summer and have nothing to worry about. That way  if I do end up back on high steroids and go a little bit mental I'm not away from home and drowning in essays. That's the thing with this NS game it's all about timing. 

The second point of today's long overdue blog is a revisit the idea of why I've decided to celebrate the scars my dodgy kidneys have left me with! This is a massive message I want to get across to anyone in the same position as me, our bodies are fighting enough without us not liking them as well. Over Christmas and new year I found myself weighing up my scars maybe because it's the time we look to improve our body for the new year? Who knows? But anyway after thinking about all the various options I've decided I shouldn't want to get rid of them they are part of my adventure now and I carry the into the new year along with everything else but I shouldn't be ashamed of my fight. 

I promise that now it's 2016 I'll try and blog more 
Wishing all NS suffers a yellow and healthy new year 

No comments:

Post a Comment